Gothic Toggs

Gothic Toggs
fine art and design since 2008

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Come and see the next Zazzle store!!

Here is the latest installment of the Zazzler quiz series.

What is your store name and why did you choose it?
Redneck Hillbillies is the name I used when I signed up for a YouTube account. The first video I made featured us working on our driveway with an old beat up Ford pickup truck and a rickety tractor, complete with country music and christmas lights on our front porch in July. The website, blog and zazzle account sprung out of that as a way to feed my need to earn money from my "hobbies" to justify the time I spend on them.

Where does your inspiration come from?
Everyday life on our little hobby farm, and being in a small town absolutely stuffed full of rednecks and backwoods hillbillies that I can poke fun at. They're not just in the southern states ya know, we have 'em up here in Canada too!


What mediums do you work with the most and why?

Dish soap, cow manure and beer. ;p
I don't have a medium - but my tools would be Paint Shop, and my camera.

Has art always been a focus in you life?
I've always been creative, but in other areas that aren't necessarily artistic. I never really enjoyed art and often ended up frustrated because I lacked the ability to create what I envisioned! Perhaps that is why most of my Zazzle designs are either text based or include my photography.

What would be the best way to describe you art to someone who has never seen it before?
I think my store name accurately reflects what my "art" is all about. My t-shirts for the most part embrace or poke fun at the stereotypes of rednecks, farmers, and simple country folk like me. My photography is my attempt at celebrating the beauty and wonder of the world I live in, outside the city limits.

Where would you like to see your art and your store at in the next five years?

I want to be the first place people look for items in my small niche. Look and BUY of course since I'd like to earn a respectable income for my efforts eventually. The ultimate would be to become a recognized name, or have a stranger approach us and ask if we are THE Redneck Hillbillies.
Yes, I am delusional.

If you had to pick one piece and throw all the rest away, what would it be and why?
I really like my latest Rebel Redneck Hi-Top Keds. I think the Don't Tread on Me is a perfect fit for footwear. They are louder and prouder than my quiet personality allows or I'd wear them myself around town for added exposure!


And, finally, if you could recommend someone else to take this quiz, who would it be and why?
I'd like to read answers from someone who has found success but avoids the forums - just to hear from someone new.

Here are some more great products from this store:



link to store
redneckhillbillies's Store at Zazzle

No comments:

Post a Comment