Gothic Toggs

Gothic Toggs
fine art and design since 2008

Saturday, April 3, 2010

The First Victim! LOL

I will be featuring a different Zazzle gallery every few days. There are as many galleries as there are art forms. From all over the world, and all genres and niches.

Everyone is invited to stop by the stores and see all the wonderful products and designs. And of course buying a little something on your way through is always encouraged LOL

The first featured artist is listed below, along with her answers to what will be a standard form "quiz". While the questions may be standard, I'm looking forward to everyone's individual answers.

So without further ado, I give you Shopaholic!
What is your store name and why did you choose it?

Shopaholic Chick is my main store – and I actually hate to shop – I was sitting there trying to come up with a name and talking about someone who shops a lot – and I don’t remember if I said it or someone else said “she is such a shopaholic” and well a store was born!

Where does your inspiration come from?

Everywhere – it could be something I see – something someone says – something on TV – a dream I have – something that comes out of the toddlers mouth when I am babysitting him – something online I see – a magazine article – pretty much anything – which is why I have over 10,000 designs LOL

What mediums do you work with the most and why?

Not sure what you mean by what mediums? All my art is online – although I have painted in the past I haven’t recently – and I have written a lot of poetry but not much recently. I do spend my day in a lot of websites and programs – I use photoshop pretty much exclusively for my designs, I take photographs of anything and everything which often serve as inspiration – so I don’t forget the moment to remind me – sometimes I even use my cell phone camera to catch the moment. I also use facebook, blogger, wordpress, posterous & twitter many times throughout the day – to get the word out on my shops – I organize everything through outlook – it handles my to do list – emails and it even gives me post it notes!

Has art always been a focus in you life?

Yes – my grandfather was a professional artist – he used to draw the yellow pages – as a kid I remember drawing on sheets of paper with different sizes of squares and rectangles outlined on them – they were his leftover sheets LOL - and my mother went back to college while I was in school and used to bring me to her art classes with her – she is now an art teacher

What would be the best way to describe you art to someone who has never seen it before?

Random – I have everything from photography to cartoons – and right now I am working on 2 new shops – one in a kawaii style the other in a graffiti style

Where would you like to see your art and your store at in the next five years?

Paying my bills completely so I can buy a house and be able to afford to travel again – I miss having the money to travel

If you had to pick one piece and throw all the rest away, what would it be and why?

That is really hard – if I had a run away best seller I would most likely pick that one LOL but I don’t…so I really cant choose

And, finally, if you could recommend someone else to take this quiz, who would it be and why?

Softproduct's Store at Zazzle – for the sheer entertainment of his answers



shopaholicchick's Store at Zazzle

Alright! Sooo... who's next?!! =)

1 comment:

  1. Very engaging interview - great answers, well presented. Looking forward to the coming installments...

    ReplyDelete