Gothic Toggs

Gothic Toggs
fine art and design since 2008

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Many Varied Stylings of Our Next Zazzler.

I was so pleased that this happy Zazzler agreed to participate in this series.
And I truly hope you will stop by and see the wide variety of beautiful products in this gallery. There truly is something for everyone here!


What is your store name and why did you choose it?
My store is called Artform The Heart mainly because I feel as though I have an emotional attachment to most of my work. Also, I wanted something non-specific as I wasn't sure initially which of my designs I would feature or which would become popular. After naming it and plugging that into Google as a search, term I discovered google assumes it's a typo for "art from the heart" so on reflection it may not have been the wisest choice.

Where does your inspiration come from?

Everywhere and anywhere. I get inspiration from things I see around me, things I hear or read, ideas that just pop into my head. Sometimes I start out with a subject in mind for a piece of work and other times my starting point is a style or technique that I particularly want to use and I just see where it takes me and what develops from it. If I get stuck for inspiration at any point I usually revert to photographs I have taken for the purpose.

What mediums do you work with the most and why?
I don't think that there is a single medium I use more than others but I love to do pencil drawings. These haven't featured too heavily in my zazzle store though as they tend to be nude/semi-nude studies and I don't want to affect the rating of my store. Perhaps when I have Artform The Heart more established I'll create another store for the nudes. I recently invested in a graphics tablet for my PC and have been experimenting more with digital art than I have in the past so that may become my main media for the time being.

Has art always been a focus in you life?
Art (and crafts) has always been in my life to some extent or other. My professional background is in the scientific field but art has always been a hobby as I love to be creative and expressive. As I got better and began accumulating more pieces I listed some on eBay and was modestly successful with my sales, it always felt quite painful to part with my favourite pieces though so zazzle gives me the best of both worlds so to speak.

What would be the best way to describe you art to someone who has never seen it before?
Varied. It's really not an easy question for me to answer. Certainly for my traditional work I would say "detailed" is a key word. I have tried in the past to have a more loose style in paintings but I always seem to obsess over the detail sooner or later. The work I have on zazzle ranges from digital cartoon-like characters to pencil and pastel drawings, paintings, photography. I guess people will have to visit my zazzle gallery to find out, lol.

Where would you like to see your art and your store at in the next five years?

I imagine that most zazzle store owners will answer this question in much the same way: I would love for my artwork to be successful and my store to generate enough income to pay the bills. Whether that happens or not, I will keep on creating art because it's a part of who I am.

If you had to pick one piece and throw all the rest away, what would it be and why?

Oh dear, another difficult question. One piece from my zazzle store? I think that I would have to choose my pencil drawing "Back to You". I especially loved creating that piece and was extremely happy with the results. It's probably not the piece that will be most successful for me on zazzle but I'm going with my heart on this question.



And, finally, if you could recommend someone else to take this quiz, who would it be and why?

JKCoder. I see him/her in the zazzle forums a lot they are always very wise and helpful, it would be nice to learn a bit more.

Here are just a few of the fine products you'll find in this gallery:




link to store artformtheheart's Store at Zazzle

Stay tuned for the next installment. It just might be YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment